A life of love, laughter and romance

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Good news to end the day

Well, for the first time in a long while I didn't even jump on the computer until 9pm at night. Not even to check email. Why? Because we have an evaluator coming on Tuesday - and since I've been a bit reminiscent of my house duties I started the day off by cleaning my windows. Yes, I cleaned my windows...and walls.

Now, the walls were a totally new issue. My lovely, artistic daughter has left her signature in the kitchen, lounge room, hallway and a particularly big one (black permanent marker) in the bathroom. A tip for all you out there that want to rid yourself of small scuff marks and such without painting the whole wall, purchase a sponge and dab on the paint.

So off I go to Bunnings (my local major hardware store). Can I just say that I love hardware stores? Well, I do. I like looking at fancy lights, or nice fixtures and oohing and ahhing over one day purchasing these for my house. Or the nice paint for my feature wall or how I want to paint my as-yet-built retaining wall. All of these items are looking to the future, but the funny thing is I'm not very proficient at DIY. Although I would give it a fair whack.

So anyway, the walls and windows are clean and general housecleaning to go. *sigh*

So 9.30pm I have an email that arrived at 10:30am to top off my day. NCP has asked to see a full of my manuscript A Devil's Proposal (wahoo). I hope to hear something positive.
--------------oOo--------------


4 Comments:

Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Oh great news about the manuscript. I have fun in hardware stores too. I don't go often because I'm not very handy. But when I do go, I look around.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Oh great! It's nice to know I'm not odd. Haha, I just have to figure out how I would fit that spa into my ensuite....

I like to try how-to but is there anyway I can do it without the sweat? hmm, probably not. *grins*

10:40 AM  
Blogger K.A.S. said...

Yay on the request!

I love hardware stores. Something about seeing all that equipment makes me think I'm soooo handy. Then I get home and can't even install the freakin' doorknob by myself. grrr.....

Fingers crossed for you with NCP!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! foam mattresses vs waterbeds insurance total loss vehicle texas rights Keyword effexor fibromyalgia boards alfa romeo brake rotors Alfa romeo 147 cup Ecu pinout mazda 626 Wikifree online baccarat Spear fishing in coffs harbour places

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home