A life of love, laughter and romance

Thursday, February 02, 2006

On the hunt for my Muse

For the last few weeks my muse has been as stubborn as a goat. I have searched high and low for her and in moments, she would come in spurts of inspiration but on the most part she's been on the lam.

Well, finally I got tired of searching for her I decided to plot out the last section of my current manuscript. I have it all plotted out and I know where I want to go each and every step. From a pantster to a plotter, how did I manage it? I spreadsheet it. Yep, you heard me. I have 4 columns. Scene#, Time of day, POV and Scene description.

Eg: Please note they will be in columns, not rows.

Scene#: 1
Time: Night
POV: Sharon
Scene Desc: Sharon discovers her sister is in danger when she gets a ransom
note for a book for her life. What Book? She goes to her best friend who for help

Scene#: 2
Time: Night
POV: Tom
Scene Desc: Tom wakes to a knocking on his door to find Sharon. She is distraught and
he finds out her sister is kidnapped. His CIA training kicks in.

See how easy it is. From just the desc I can pull a whole scene. Not too shabby for a pantster eh?
So, I'm confident I'll see the light at the end of this tunnel. Ends are ALWAYS the hardest bit for me. Not, that I'm saying I'm AT the end, but I can say I'm getting there...hopefully.
--------------oOo--------------


1 Comments:

Blogger Alessa said...

Great tips on plotting! My muse has been MIA also.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home