A life of love, laughter and romance

Friday, February 03, 2006

A Change and a lift

I have been receiving some wonderful feedback from my contest entries. To which I want to thank every single one who judged my work.

I have also been doing my part and judging a few myself. I would think myself fair but hard. *Ach* I know, but it's all meant kindly.

Well, I make it a habit to thank people for taking the time to look at my work personally. On the most part they wouldn't know which it was, but some figure it out. *grins*

After one particular thank you note, I slipped into a discussion about my work. We went over a few issues and then BAM! It hit me (with her help of course). My issue with my current manuscript was coming from forcing the natural flow of the story. Here I was trying to write for an erotic scene, and although my sex scenes are frank and very sexual I felt it wasn't hot enough to fit into the whole erotic genre. Why was I trying so hard to force the characters into a box that they didn't want to be in? The plot has taken most of the focus and it's a bit difficult to get sexy at a crime scene.

So, thanks cup for your insight that helped me see what was missing in my story or more to the point...what wasn't missing.

I'll be writing the rest of this story as it wants to go, not worrying if it does or doesn't have enough heat and focusing more on the suspense and action. When all is said and done, I'll put it aside and find out where to market this baby while I revise it. Who knows, I just might find someone willing to take on a hot romance that just isn't hot enough for erotic-romance.
--------------oOo--------------


1 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Hi Belle! Good luck with your contests and hopefully you've been getting some good feedback. Gotta love the Divas! I hope to someday find out which contest was yours!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home