A life of love, laughter and romance

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

ER

Well, I had a really eventful day yesterday. I woke up at 4am in pain. I usually get this 'phantom pain' so was used to it. But by 6.30am I couldn't take it and andrew called up the ambulence. Mia was supposed to go to daycare, but it was the first time she'd seen me in pain so she tried to pat me like a dog (so cute in hindsight).

Anyway, the ambulence guys got there, Matt looked me over and they gave me some breath in drug to help me manage and put me in the ambulence and off we went. I stopped breathing in the drug once I felt I could manage the pain but Matt said to keep on breathing. Well, I think I got high from it. Because I asked Matt what he has to study to do what he does and then promptly told him I'd write about him. Yeah, well....

ANYWAY, the I was asked 3 times what I did for a living, by 2 nurses and 1 doctor. Guess what I told them. Romance writer. And amazingly enoug it was the male doctor Muhamid that showed the most amount of interest asking where he could get my books and such.

They drew my blood, which andrew had to leave the room for (he can't stand watching that happening to me - he has been known to faint...well, almost) I think it's cute, but he hates it.

They doped me up on morphyne (which I hate since it makes me soo sick) and then made an appointment for me to have an ultrasound on the friday and was about to give me pain meds to go when I had yet another big attack. So the doctor organized me to have some more morphyn (noo!) and immediate ultrasound check (yes!) So I have the check up and wait back for the results. Liver imbalance. Since I had my gallbladder removed 4years ago, my body hasn't adjusted and hence the phantom pains. So they gave me some drugs to buy and I went home. I got bad motion sickness, and for someone who doesn't have anything in their stomach I could sure find something to spew up. I was a wreck when I got home and passed out.

Now it's morning, and I suspect I'll be feeling sick and achy for the next few days. Such is the way of it I suppose.
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

OMG, Jodie! That's terrible... I hope you feel better soon. Make sure you take it easy, okay? I know how hard that can be with a little girl around, but it sounds like you need the rest.

I hope they don't find anything too serious. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Oh, and I hope the doctor gets one of your books! :)

Keep us posted, okay?

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!! I hope the drugs they gave you worked and they keep the pains away.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Oh hon, how sucky! I hope you are feeling better :( Keep us posted!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

{{{Hugs}}} Jodi. I hope you're feeling better.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Thanks guys for the well wishes!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home