A life of love, laughter and romance

Monday, September 04, 2006

Scare of my life

Saturday morning was a scare for me. I was sitting on my bed and my daughter was sitting on the floor, I was assuming playing with her toys. Next thing I know she lets out a cry and there I see in one hand, she has Deep Heat (a muscular rub ointment) and her mouth is white from the cream. I rush over to her and wipe out all the cream and try and make her vomit since I didn't know how much--if any-- she injested.

I rush to the phone and since my husband is working weekends I try to call him on his mobile and his work phone but there was no answer. I tried to find the poisons center number - but I was so frazelled I couldn't figure out how to spell it. I then called emergency and they sent an amublence over. By they time they'd gotten there - Mia was fine, but after a look over they said she was ok, but to keep an eye on her.

I felt like an awful mother. She's ok now, but boy - now I better look at getting all the stuff dangerous out of her reach... although I don't know how she got the deep heat... It might've been on the bedside table or something...
--------------oOo--------------


10 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Oh hon I'm so sorry! How scary that is! I can't even imagine. You're not a bad mom. Toddlers are notorious for doing these things. You were spart to call emergency. I'm glad she's okay. (Hugs)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Sorry to hear about this horrible scare, Jodie! But it doesn't make you a bad mother. Little kids move so fast, it's very easy for them to get their hands on something before you realise it.

It's hard being a parent sometimes. I'm really glad that she's alright and I hope you're doing well too.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Emma Petersen said...

Awwwwe! Jodie! Big hugs! You are so NOT a bad Mom! Lil people are so curious and move so fast and Muscle cream? I would have never thought to have something like that up. Glad you're little is safe and don't be so hard on yourself! Hugs!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's okay! Must have been really scary and horrible.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHe's a little young for deep heat. Definitely stay with PG13 for now. :-)
Glad she's okay. Little tackers are so fast.
Babe

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{Hugs}}} Jodie! You're not a bad mom. It's impossible to curb the curiosity of little kids (and their ability to find stuff you don't want them too lol). ;) I'm glad she's ok!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Oh Jodie! How scary - those little ones are so fast and they swipe better than the best thief. I'm glad to hear she's ok...

And you're not a bad mama! So don't say that. Things happen. Kids are quick. Don't beat yourself up! :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

Oh poor thing. I'm glad she was okay though. That's a scary thing to go through for sure. My baby, of course, is not crawling yet, but I dread it when he starts poking around in things. And I have stairs in my house too...that's going to scare me to death.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Oh no! Glad everything is fine.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I'm glad Mia is okay. You're not a bad Mum. Kids are so quick!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home