A life of love, laughter and romance

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm back!

Ok, I'm feeling a lot better now. For a while there I was a bit doped up on pain killers. Not fun at all. But so far I haven't resorted to pain meds for three days. Yey! And to make it even better, I'm pushing through this writers block! Wahoo!

I went to a wedding over the weekend. It was a nice little backyard wedding. I felt sorry for the groom and groomsmen as it was the middle of the day - the sun beating down on them in a hot day (felt like a summer day-- forget Spring!) But the ceremony was done and we had a buffee with roast and salad and.... PAVLOVA!! I love pavlova! It's my fave cake. Forget Devil's cake or cheesecake - give me whipped eggwhites and sugar anyday.

It's the year for coming together I suppose. My sister is engaged. She is going to get married in... RED! I think it's wonderful for something different. White wedding dresses only became popular when an English monarch wore it for her wedding ages ago. I like to see that change come back to wearing any color you want. I HAD to get married in white, since it was the only dress that could fit me. Being 8mos preggers I kinda had a limited choice of wardrobe. But I'm not complaining... it was a nice dress, it was black and white so not so much white, but it concealed my tummy...to an extent.

NEway, just thought to give you guys a heads up and let you know, I'm alive!
*grins*
--------------oOo--------------


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen some really awesome red dresses. Mine was deep fushia. I didn't have much choice either, being plus sized and all.

Definately glad you're alive btw :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger ChristyJan said...

Just found your web-site and your blog ~ hope you're feeling better.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Good to hear you're feeling better, Jodie! And I'm with you, I don't like white dresses at all! I wore ivory on my wedding day -- anything to stay away from white. Ugh!

See ya! :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Yay for feeling better! And that's so cool about the red wedding dress for your sister! I've never heard of Pavlova!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

It's good to know you're alive! I would love to see pics of that red dress. I think it's fabulous!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Glad to see you're ok Jodie! And I'd love to see that red dress. So cool.

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing well Jodie! Red sounds great. ;)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm giggling at ANYTHING conceling an 8 month preggers tummy.

And I think brides should wear color. Red would be too much for me...but I woul dhave loved a pale pink or light green. Looks so much better in pictures too.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Good to have you back, Jodici! Hope you get (even) better soon!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home