A life of love, laughter and romance

Sunday, August 06, 2006

She LIVES!

Yes, my heroine for my current MS lives. And by that I mean she has taken on a life of her own. Which pretty much happens with all my characters, but I can tell you now, this is the first time I've struggled with her issues. She is fully developed, flaws and all and I'm only 17 pages in. Which is wonderful. (No, I don't often do character maps.)

Now I know she is afraid of heights. Something which I could've done without. Oh well. I'm sure the hero will figure something out. For the last 3 novels I've written and the current one on the back burner, all my women have been strong and independent -- which I love. But my current heroine is something else entirely different. She is subtle in her strength where as all my others have been in your face type strong. That's all right though, because I believe that is going to be her character growth to come into herself. Plus I get to have a hero to show her the way while having fun doing it.

Ahh, the scenes fluttering through my head right now.....
--------------oOo--------------


3 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Very cool, Jodi! You know your heroine inside and out. Happy writing!

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(at the risk of repeating everyone else) that's very cool!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

Glad it's coming along. Good luck with it!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home