A life of love, laughter and romance

Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm still alive!

Yes, I did my first work out via DVD today. Although my little one was upset that I wouldn't pick her up. So inbetween some workouts I chased her around the house, which is just as strenious. Anyway I finished the 60 min work out with some revelations.

A) I'm not as unfit as I thought I would've been
B) I have no muscle strength whatsoever so I sucked and strained on those parts

So the muscle thing, I plan to do some extra work on. i used to pride myself so much on my strength and after 2 years without gym I suck! lol

So I have 4 workout DVDs, 2 I found that I couldn't do because it was the 4th & 5th volume of a 5 DVD set. Ends up I have to start from the bottom up. So hubby is getting the 1st one for me today. Some of you might be familiar with Jillian Michaels? Well, that is the 5 DVD set. I'm also looking at getting a HULA workout from somewhere since my little one LOVES to try and do the hula from Lilo & Stitch.
--------------oOo--------------


6 Comments:

Blogger Ann Cory said...

A great place to get workout info is Collage Video http://www.collagevideo.com where they have a lot of reviews and if you type in Hula they show 3 hula videos :)

Bellydancing ones are fun too ;)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah Palmero said...

Oh my gosh, a hula workout would be great! I had a bellydance one, once. It wasn't so hot, but hula sounds like fun.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

How cute! The hula workout. I need to get Emma to do that. I need to workout period *sigh* I don't know how I let myself get so lazy.

Good for you Jodi! You kick ass!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yay for you Jodie! I joined my first gym a few months ago, and I have come to the conclusion that I was not made to be that physical. Unfortunately, all of the clothing that I have in my closet says that I need to get that physical, and very quickly. :)
good luck!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

I don't like any kind of aerobic exercise. When I work out, I go for anaerobic ones, like lifting weights. But I just bought a DVD about working out while learning to dance the strip pole. I thought it'd be useful. ;)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

You inspire me Jodi....I don't know if you inpsire me enough to work out...but, you inspire. LOL For real though, I so need to get back to exercising. Since I had my little one, I feel like a beached whale.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home