A life of love, laughter and romance

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sharing a single bed with my girl

I don't know what it is about Mia but sometimes...well more often than not lately she's been getting up in the middle of the night and coming into the room and waking us up. Sometimes I take her into the room and try and put her to sleep - an effort that can both rob me and andrew of sleep. Or I take her to the lounge room for an hour while she relaxes watching a DVD. OR try and get her to sleep in bed with us...which has never worked so I don't see why I continue.

Well, last night she woke up at 12am. She came into the room and I put her up on the bed. When she didn't got to sleep I put her back to bed and lay next to her. She didn't want me to leave so I lay there waiting for her to sleep. Well, she talked and moved around for a bit and fell asleep. But everytime I tried to get out of bed, she cried. So I stayed and spent a restless night avoiding her flailing arms and legs. Gah! It's a bad habit to get into I know, but she cries for ages and keeps andrew awake (who is really a grouch when he misses out on sleep).

Well, I caught up with some sleep this morning since she is away on daycare *yey*. I lurv these moments...

Also remember The contest: If you want to win a sapphire heart pendant then answer the following question and email me: jodicib[at]gmail.com

The question is: Who are part of the 'Devil's Trio' and what attribute are they each most infamous for?

HINT: Check out the excerpt on:
http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/adevilsproposal.htm
Competition ends on the 31st of July. Don't forget to visit my website: http://www.jodicibelle.com for more information.
--------------oOo--------------


6 Comments:

Blogger Silma said...

Sorry to hear your child isn't sleeping well. It might be that all the action during the day leaves her energized. Maybe something in her milk before she goes to sleep will help her to get through the night.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Ack I know how that is! Emma sleeps with me every night. All though I'm not married, so it's not bad. Good luck with, Mia :)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Ann Cory said...

Pretty blog :) I love your covers! I hope you don't mind that I added your blog to mine!

~Ann Cory
http://www.anncory.com

4:16 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Not at all Anne!

Thanks gals. Well, last night she slept through... the first in a while.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Kids are like that sometimes, unable to sleep much. I'm glad to hear your DD slept through the night last night. *g*

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

Oh, I remember those days Jodie. Both of my girls were like that when they were younger. But they grew out of it though. I'm sure Mia will too.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home