A life of love, laughter and romance

Friday, June 16, 2006

syno or not

I did another Micro 100. Why? Because dark was the main theme on everyones entry so I thought to put in a short sweeter piece. http://crabbycows.blogspot.com/2006/06/micro-100-entry-number-18.html

I got my US stamps yesterday (wahoo) So I can send out to more agents of my paranormal. So I'm finally moving forward with that one. Also, Ive noticed that some agents don't request synos. The dreaded synos. I personally think it's a good thing so that they can go in reading a book as a reader rather than knowing how it gets to the ending *then* reading it. I think it takes away from the story to read a syno. But then, it is industry and some are moving on to just a partial or just a full. I love it!

But if you're wondering about synos you might want to check out Romance Divas. They're having a synopsis competition (entries close 17th) but if you miss cut off still check it out - you can learn alot by judging!
--------------oOo--------------


4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Good luck with your agent hunting. I hate doing a synopsis - it's always good to find an agent who doesn't want one! Actually, writing blurbs comes a close second but I can never get out of writing those!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Synopsis' suck! I'm glad some agents don't want them now. Good luck with the requests you have out! And good luck with the 100 word thing!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Silma said...

Ooooh... Be vewwy vewwy quiet. Jodici is hunting agents. *insert Elmer Fudd's laugh* Good luck, chica!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

Good luck with the agent hunt! I'm doing the same and it's an uphill battle sometimes. I hate synos too - I'm much better at blurbs and cover letters.

BTW - I just saw your book with NCP is scheduled for print release! Congrats! That's fabulous.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home