A life of love, laughter and romance

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What doesn't kill you...

As some of you might know, Crabby Cows have a new contest called the Micro 100. Object of the game is to write a complete story in that 100. Well, I tried. Check it out here. I never thought I could manage such a task but wow I was amazed. Besides I've noticed alot of the pieces are dark. I guess you can write dark alot easier in 100 words. *s*

Also, my futuristic. Besides my girl being sick I'm making some progress on it and am amazed by the difference in style this genre creates. You have to write in a world that is totally unfamiliar to the reader and insure the information you are supplying runs smoothly and without taking away from the story. So, I am determined to conquer this book and learn the art for worldbuilding. Hey, what doesnt kill you only makes your stronger....
--------------oOo--------------


3 Comments:

Blogger Silma said...

It's amazing what one can do sometimes. *g* Sorry to hear your kid is sick. Hope she gets better.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Good job entering the CC contest! I'll do it someday! LOL. I want you to finish that fantasy and sub it to us! That's going to be great! :) Jodi rocks...

2:53 PM  
Blogger Miranda Heart said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one jumping in there. Good for you. I thought the world building would be really tough. But, I'm noticing that some things can be made up as I go along. The only thing I wanted in writing were the rules of the land. That way I didn't get confused. LOL

Anyway, good for you. You've been busy. Hope the little one is feeling better.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home