A life of love, laughter and romance

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Finished!

Yes, folks, the other night I finished my FIRST novella!! I'm so excited. It's also my first futuristic too. I love writing in these time periods as opposed to historicals now. Why? Cause I can write a heroine that spits, swears and carries on with the best of them. I can employ a plot that is exciting and fast paced and most of all, I can create a red hot alien hero that just makes me salivate. Well, if you haven't figured it. This is pretty much the gist of my finished novella (I love saying that word) Bloodlust.

If you're curious, here is a blurb:

At Qantic Station, love rarely develops between people. Especially if one day you have to kill them to survive.

Kira has worked hard to become a Grade One Gladiator. Celebrated by the crowds and offered a life of relative ease, Kira knows her popularity comes at a price. But on a night where the kill should’ve been easy, she comes up against a new gladiator with a will to survive.

Lukiamo didn’t know how he ended up in an arena with a warrior woman intent on taking his head off. But one thing was for certain; he wasn’t going to let her win. When blood is spilt and she inadvertently starts the bonding process between them, Lukiamo is determined to have her as well as his freedom.

But before their love can even begin to blossom, someone is seeking their deaths in order to gain a power that will tear an entire planet asunder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, that's it. Now today I'll be starting a new one that I hope will be a futuristic/horror. Something different (although I doubt it'd be that scary since I'm a woss) Yes, I don't watch horror movies. Hell, scary thrillers I don't watch either. I mean for you Buffy fans, The Gentlemen episode was pretty scary for me! Yes, I did say woss. I am one.

But you know what. At the end of this I want to thank to my favorite Futuristic Author whose writing inspired me to give it a go: Jennifer Colgan / Bernadett Gardner. She was the first futuristic author I read and I was blown away by the way she introduced a new world so smoothly and with class. If you haven't read any of her books you should. She's great.

Ok, so you might be wondering if I'll be using Jodici Belle. (Yes, Jodici Belle isn't my real name) But ya know, I decided to use my real first name. Jodie. I put out a vote at home and on the forum I visited and it was neck and neck. In the end it worked out even and so I chose the name: JODIE BECKER for my paranormal/futuristic action adventures (they are a bit more hard core than my historicals so I felt it required a different name -- not not erotica hardcore(I don't think I can do that to save my life). Just alot of rough talk and voilence). So what do you think?
--------------oOo--------------


11 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

I think it sounds absolutely fabulous! I hope you sell it ;) And I'm so glad you're jumping around in genres. It's a lot of fun, huh?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Congrats on finishing! That's awesome! Doesn't it feel good?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Thanks gals. Yeh. I love that I could do something I thought I couldn't.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Bebe said...

Congrats, Jodie!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Woohoo! Congrats! It sounds awesome! I cant wait to read it!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Silma said...

Congrats on finishing your first novella, and good luck starting the new one!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Yayy on finishing it! Now go out and sell it. *g*

12:06 PM  
Blogger Brandi B Loyd said...

Huge Congratulations! Typing "The End" feels great, doesn't it?

Brandi
www.lycanpacks.com

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» »

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Littleton dental plans Used dome hockey designer discount lingerie 1984 oldsmobile cutlass ciera brougham

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Mitsubishi evo 3 ite circuit breaker Compact flash firmware How do i recover a corrupted disk http://www.pda-accessory-5.info car covers play craps sarah irish body builder California real estate commission lawsuit http://www.auto-insurance-coverage-1.info lcd monitors fioricet adderall xr Sexe manga sex

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home