A life of love, laughter and romance

Friday, June 23, 2006

To write or not to write

Well for the last two days (and most of the morning), I've been unable to write. Now, don't get me wrong, but it's not a lack of creativity but an overly clingy little girl named Mia. *sigh* Toddlers as so demanding when they are sick...and when *aren't* they sick? It seems every time she comes back from daycare she's brought home some new virus that she gives to me and I back to her. It's hard to write when you have a crying baby nearby and one insistent on being held. So by the end of the day I'm exhausted, I have to clean up and then by the time I get onto the computer I'm drawing blanks. I'm mentally exhausted from trying to block out the crying and getting up in the middle of the night to tend her and at 4.30 because Andrew is in the shower and Mia wants attention.

Guess how I woke up this morning. Mia picked up a book (a relatively heavy one) and threw it at me. It hit my forehead. Ouch! What a way to start the day... Oh well, I can only hope that I can get some in today and this weekend. GRR.

On another note: Hubby says he'd love to be a stay at home dad. Now the way I see how he handles long doses of mia....uhh I have my doubts. I don't think he could handle, Mia, house work and taking care of me. LOL But you know, when I become a famous author (k, you can stop laughing) He can try it on.
--------------oOo--------------


9 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

It's perfectly fine to laugh. I did too. Although I wasn't when it happened. I'm not a morning person. lol

12:04 PM  
Blogger Bebe said...

Girl, you are going to be a famous author! I'm serious!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Awwwe! I hope lil Miss Mia feels better. And congrats on the new gig!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Marci Baun said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. My husband forgets to feed our daughter when he watches her for any period of time. I have to remind him to do it. She'll be two in about a month. Right now, she's still awake. Why? She has to do her diaper before she goes to bed. She's working on it now.

Hang in there! Someday, your husband will see what being a stay-at-home really means. (VBG)

Marci

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

I'm a second grade teacher. I love teaching, enjoy my students most of the time, but have opted out of having children. I have no illusions on what a hard job it is to be a parent. SAH moms have it harder than people know.

Kit

2:35 PM  
Blogger Charli Cole said...

Awww...Jodici. This, too, shall pass.

I have to admit...I wouldn't have been laughing when it happened either. For, I'm not a morning person at all. Not unless I've stayed up all night, as I've just done.

You already know how I am when it comes to that.

Never joke about being a famous author one day. If it's something you truly feel in your heart and desperately want, it'll happen...as long as you stick with it. I know you have the talent. That's a given. So, all that's needed is the dedication...and that one door, which can open at any given moment.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

Ugh, I'm going through the same thing with my youngest. He's fine when we're outside in the gardens, but in the house, he clings.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

I'm going through that right now too, Jodi with my newborn. I've had to learn to hold him and type at the same time....which I'm doing now....and I said this same thing on somebody else's blog the other day. He always seems to want to cry cry cry when I really want to write and writing can not be done with a wiggly crying baby in your arms. Oh well....

9:36 AM  
Blogger Babe King said...

You know Mia stands for missing in action- could be a plan. There's always super glue. Only do one foot so she can still run around.
:-)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home