A life of love, laughter and romance

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bloggers new look and QUEENSLANDER!!!

Well, after a bout of procrastination - I have finally updated my look. No template here. As you can see it looks alot like the BECKER site, but then, that one is my fave ;)

On the writing front I've got my troops under attack and wondering how to make this scene more frightening. I am feeling a bit of fear as Knightly but I gott put that smoothly on page. Hmm, maybe I should go and get an old Dean Koontz novel and try and remember what he did that worked for me.

See, writing in different sub-genres of romance really has new things to offer and stretches your skills. I would suggest anyone that writes to at least branch out into one other sub-genre of romance. It's a blast!

Now, if y'all are wondering about the QUEENSLANDER yell, well let me clear it up for you. Our sport of choice in QLD & NSW is Rugby League. It's like rugby union except without the gazzilion kicks and those scrummy type things were the ball goes down and everyone steps on the tackled guy. (As you can tell - I don't watch union) ANYways. Once a year we have the State of Origin which is the best players who originated from QLD take on the best players from NSW. It's a tri-match so it's game 1 - 3wk break - game 2 - 3wk break - game 3

To make it even every year they switch where it's played. QLD NSW QLD then the next year: NSW QLD NSW

So, for the last 3 years NSW have been kicking our asses but this year...this year. WE WON!!! Finally, despite a few dubious calls from the video ref QLD managed to bring the fire and came back to win. Now bear in mind, these games are often VERY tight and the crowd are into it. It's an awesome thing to experience, and the whole of QLD and NSW stop what they're doing 3 times a year to root behind thier team. Because it's not just a game. It's everything we are.

Also, here is a piccy of my daughter on the night. Please note what it says on her jumpsuit:
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Okay, I love the new look! Congrats!!! And your daughter is so freaking cute!! You should be proud :) She really is gorgeous. I totally agree with the branching out into genres. I'm glad I did. It pushes you and opens this new door of creativity.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Thanks. Ya know she was posing! I couldn't believe it. Run to the lounge - pause. strike a pose. Run to wear the dog lay - pause. stike a pose and so forth

5:14 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

LOL! You're lil'un is too cute! I mainly started in Paranormal but have branched out into Contemps as well. I also have chick lit, historical, paranormal and time travel wips. I didn't start off writing Contemps it just happened and now...

3:21 AM  
Blogger Cora Zane said...

Awe, she is so precious!!

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Buying prescription meridia on-line Timeshare forclouser Crossroads realty georgia 1991 mazda mx 6

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home