A life of love, laughter and romance

Monday, January 15, 2007

Eye check

I recently went to get my eyes checked. Yep, time to upgrade the lenses. I'd been having headaches, and don't know if it's hormonal or because of my eyes. So I get the test, and go out to pick out a new frame - since my current is like 9years old. Since the optomitrist was having a up to 50% sale I checked it out. I didn't like their sale frames and ended up going with a pair that was $275. I ended up having to pay $500 in total. Now, I remember why I don't go to the optomitrist much. Maybe I should go to laser one day.

Also, I joined a site called CalorieKing.com.au it's a site that helps you manage how much you're supposed to consume. It was a step in the right direction for me since I really want to manage my wieght for this pregnancy. My husband has joined as well and I think that is wonderful. We are both actively working to manage our wieght when before it was so hard when one would buy take out all the time. So now, it's a joint effort and I have the support of my husband who isn't getting worried about me watching how much I consume and the baby - since he agrees with me that my body will know best. I expect to gain wieght over the pregnancy but i want to ensure that after the baby my wieght is the same was when i started.

For Andrew, I noticed that he consumes so many hidden cals that he isn 't even aware of. CK will definately teach him the 'healthy' diet or relatively healthy diet I've been trying to put him on for years.
--------------oOo--------------


4 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

That site sounds great. I'll be sure to check it out. And yucky on the glasses. That's a lot of money!

Good luck with the calories!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Glasses are expensive, aren't they? I had to wear glasses, since I was 10 years old, but in 1999 had Lasik eye surgery. That's expensive too, but a wonderful way to go... and it saves money in the long run. :)

Have a great week, Jodie!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

My husband just lost his favorite pair of glasses. We can't find them anywhere, and he hates to go buy a new pair cos they are soooo expensive...

Good luck on the diet (well actually maintaining since you're pregant)! That site sounds great.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home