A life of love, laughter and romance

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pregnancy checkup

I went to the doctors yesterday to my monthly check up and found that I gained about 2kgs in a month. Christmas!! Damn it! Here I was thinking I'd done good. Anyway, I was chatting to the doctor about how much extra weight should I look at putting on. The doctor believes I should aim to be approx 10kgs heavier than I was when I had my first weigh in. Sounds fair I suppose since I'm overweight to begin with and I have a strong feeling I'd gained a bit before my first antinatal check at 3mos. So that is my goal and I think it might be achievable. I'm in my second trimester (I'm actually 17wks on Friday). Further than I thought, since I wasn't really counting.

I have a distinct belly, that is for sure, and for a while now I could feel the baby move. Andrew had his first feel, although it was really light - I doubt he'll get a solid kick until about the 6th month. On the 29th Jan, I'm going for my 18wk scan. Yes, I'm going to find out the sex. I believe in getting my half-time prize! :p
--------------oOo--------------


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 17 weeks! I'm so jealous that you can feel your wee one moving already!

Do you have a feel for what gender the baby will be?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

2kgs isn't too bad, Jodie! When I was pregnant with my daughter I put on 20+kgs. Ouch!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I think it's going to be a boy. What about you Aimee?

Y- Good to know I wasnt the only one when I had my daughter! lol

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I'd like a girl I think it's a boy.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Don't beat yourself up, being pregnant means you gain weight. It's the only time we're allowed, right? LOL

Can't wait to hear what you're having!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the bellt flutters. This was the part I liked.

Good job on Amanda's site!! I need to sell something big so I can afford to have you do mine!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodie! Welcome back. Good to hear that the pregnancy is all going well.

And yes, Amanda's site looks fantastic!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Cora Zane said...

Hi Jodie! I've been MIA from divas a while and didn't realize you were having another baby! Congratulations!!

ROFL @ half-time prize - I love that! I'll have to remember it for later! Hehe ^_^

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home