A life of love, laughter and romance

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What is it? Inspy or not

As you know, I've finished my paranormal that I'm hoping to eventually load up into series. The first in the series "Fallen into Darkness" Starts with the Archangel Gabriel. Now, some of you that have read the snippits in the contests held at the RD will remember that it H.O.T not erotica hot but steamy.

Now, I've had some very positive feedback from a cold read *thanks Cup* and she has brought something to my attention. The religious aspect of it. Yes, apparently it's pretty explicit as far as the religion goes. It now can go two ways, inspy or commercial. The only thing is...well...it has sex in it. And I mean 'getting hot in here' type stuff. Now, I'm sure that someone might be put off by the whole 'God' thing and on the otherside of the coin an inspy agent might be put off by the sex so what do I do? Submit to one that does both. If they think it's marketable I'll take what they have to offer.
--------------oOo--------------


1 Comments:

Blogger Charli Cole said...

Since there's "hot" sex within the manuscript, I believe you'd be best going with commercial.

Have you considered two different versions, one in which you tone the sex down a bit?

The sex that occurs within one version of my historical is pretty much left to the imagination--nowhere near as explicit as the sex within another version I have. I leave the innocent foreplay in there, but once they get up to that bedroom and close that door or are ready to get down to the nitty-gritty...that's it.

So, perhaps you could conjure up two versions or at least let the inspy agent know (while querying) you'd be willing to tone the sex down--if you are willing, of course.

Just a thought.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home