A life of love, laughter and romance

Friday, October 13, 2006

Pantsing and what is around the corner.

Ok, besides FINALLY overcoming my WB - I've gone back to work on Dark Knight that is super overdue I have missed my personal goal, but then I have plans to have it done in 7 days. Uhp, now I've done it, I've gone and committed myself. So, now that I've done that I'm going to tell you about the ride I've had with this novella. What had initially been started for the Halloween October for CP, I put it aside to work on another Novella to gain a pre-made cover. A novella written in 13days kinda left me outta the loop since I was in mid-project. Yep, I can't really multi-task projects. Wish I could, but I can't. NEway, after a frustrating moment of forcing the story I ended up going in the wrong direction and had to erase a whole bunch of scenes. I'm now very much on track and the characters are talking to me again. But what had started out with a 25k mark looks like it might be at a minimum 35k. I'm surprised by the length as I'd tried to aim for the Outlaw! Line for Cobblestone. But if I go over, I go over. I promise you, you might be surprised by this story. It's more action based, I suppose, it was hard to develop a romance when everyone is fighting for their lives, literally.
But I think I've pulled it off with a little history between the characters and throw in more conflict at the end to resolve. So, I'll let you know how I go, but here is a blurb for you - since I'm almost finished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Monsters no longer reside under your bed or in your closet. They come for you when night falls.

Knight is a dedicated Marine for the United Earth Alliance Military. When a colony looses contact Earth and her team along with hundreds of other men land on Thorus with the intent of finding out what was the reason for the colonists disappearance. Was it a plague? She is about to find out it's something worse.

Darius, a former colonist and sole survivor is determined to find a way to defeat the aliens that landed on Thorus and wiped out his community. Survivng on his own for many years, he finds the emergance of more humans a lure he can't resist. But with his unusual looks that are niether human or Samite and the paranoia of the camp, he is a battle not only to keep himself alive but also to possess the lovely woman named his Dark Knight.

The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.
------------------------------------------------
So that's it, without giving too much. Just think of the hero in Underworld (the hybred)- that is sorta what he looks like. Yum.
--------------oOo--------------


7 Comments:

Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Sounds interesting... Now how that writing/personal goals/missing online thing goes. Have a great weekend.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Sounds great, Jodie! You're fabulous with those action ones. Bloodlust was very action packed too!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooowww sounds interesting :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Babe King said...

7 days! Yikes. Takes me a year to put out a book. Good luck, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Sounds good Jodie. Good luck with your seven day deadline! :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

A novella written in 13 days??? I take it you don't have any kids, right? ROFLMAO! Sorry, I've had a rough three days babysitting...

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

LOL. Yeh, have a baby -- but my husband was a doll at night. So I had some free time

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home