A life of love, laughter and romance

Friday, March 10, 2006

How'd my first craft class go


Well, I just came back from by craft class and very happy with it. It was fun and nerve racking because I hadn't done it before and everyone that said they'd come backed out. Because I was the only beginner I was shown the basics and run through what each tool meant. After that I was left to my creativity and scoured the store for some suitable beads and such. Well, I came back with pink, blue, silver and pearl and began putting something together. At the end of the class I had managed to make 1 nice bookmark. Happy with the result I packed up and paid for my class and the beads I used: $72!! Well, they only sold them in packages so I have a lot of beads but the lady assures me that starting out it's expensive but it'll get cheaper when I have more stock. So now I have several beads and tools, I now think I need to purchase a tool box to organize my new hobby.

Well, despite the high cost that it may well have for the next few weeks, I'll be sticking with the class because it gives me a break from my daughter for 2hrs where I can relax and be out of the house.

What do you think of my first endevour for creativity?
--------------oOo--------------


8 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Those are gorgeous! I would totally buy one. You should be super proud of your work!! It won't cost as much next time, because now you know how to do it and won't have to pay for classes.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

THanks Shelli! I'm hoping to learn how to make nice jewellery. Not that i'd wear them since I'm allergic to metals that aren't gold I will be doing it for fun. Something different. LOL - As if I'm not creative enough!

12:56 PM  
Blogger K.A.S. said...

It is beautiful! But yikes. That is an expensive hobby.

Glad you're having fun with it :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Alessa said...

They are beautiful!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Bebe said...

Crafts are expensive! I just spent $40 at the craft store yesterday. I try to shop the sales, but sometimes... there's one or two items I just have to have.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
mercedes 300e oil change instructions mercedes classe g 300 gd pompe de diretction Kia gauges mercedes eklasse http://www.body-building-tip.info/used-mercedes-benz-sold-online.html

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Costa rica real estate opportunities buy isuzu What gauge wire are coat hanger made of Mitsubishi endeavour review customized isuzu rodeo harley davidson dealer cadillac michigan

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home