A life of love, laughter and romance

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Something to blog about

Hmm, for the last few weeks I've had stuff to blog about but for the last few days I've had trouble picking a topic. My day?? Boring. The fact that my mother came over in an impromptu visit? Too deep. My husbands idiot brother? Too angry. LOL

So I've picked a subject for today. First I went to my craft class again and made a 3 tier necklace. I will post a piccy as soon as I can but in the meantime I'll chat about something that I'm sure you writers can relate to.

Characters.

Now I have a friend who says she never gets any peace because she has character vying for her attention all the time. Well, I used to say that I can keep mine under control. Well, now that's a lie. I have scenes replaying in my head incessantly. I am inspired and excited by them but at the moment I have 1 trilogy to write out and 1 series and now another series has popped in my head and the heroine I just love. Can I just say that I love kick-ass heroines? Well I do. I like a girl that can hold her own.

So here is my plan: 2nd book of my Regency historical needs to get started after I finish the book in my first series Fallen. I can here Dante (from book2 of the Fallen series) roar his anger. But I'm sorry, mate, but I gotta get A Devil's Passion done (renamed title) for NCP since they accepted A Devil's Proposal. *yey*
--------------oOo--------------


4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Rose said...

I hear ya, on the characters. I really do. I have 8 scrabbling with each other to see who gets written first, LOL.

But really, it's not their fault. It's Bertha's fault (my muse). For most of the summer, she's been eerily quiet. Now all of a sudden she's roared back to life with total disregard for my current WIP because SHE wants to write something else.

Dangnabbit! Who's running this show? Me or her?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You still talk to your mother?

I wish my characters would talk to me again. Right now, they're giving me the silent treatment and I'm stalling.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I know, the muse goes nuts although I don't have a muse but very distinct and insisten characters. Like Elizabeth (some of you might meet if you read A Devil's Proposal) She is happy enough to sit back and watch other people's lives play out. She is a mystery to me. But then there is Dante - Impatient man. *sigh*

Yep, talk to my mother sometimes. LOL me and my mum have a Looooong history that makes it difficult to get along like normal mothers and daughter should. Oh well, you make your bed....

9:05 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Wow, you sound like a busy girl! Poor thing. I'm writing a new heroine this time and I'm excited, she's kind of kick butt.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home