A life of love, laughter and romance

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Finished & where to go from here

Well, Dark Knight is well and truly done. My god to think I started this puppy in early July and see how life just simple got in the way - then a veer off onto another project -- then the Writer's Block from hell. This book was perhaps the MOST DIFFICULT to finish. Not because it was hard, but because of exteranl circumstances that seemed to be thrown at me. Fate? I think not! I got it done didn't I? :)
Well, I just sent it off and so begins the waiting game. So, this is the new improved blurb since it's part of the query:

Planet Thorus once thrived with human life, but what greeted the Earth Military Alliance was desolation. But when night falls, all hell breaks loose.

DARK KNIGHT is a story where a hero comes from the most unlikely place. When the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Knight is a dedicated Sergeant and a fearless battler. But her world is about to be shaken when on a recon mission her crew are slaughtered during an eclipse. In the space of a few minutes, the shadows came to life in the form of vicious aliens and brought with it a new kind of hell by inserting the enemy within their ranks.

Darius, a former colonist and sole survivor is determined to find a way to defeat the aliens that landed on Thorus and wiped out his community. Surviving on his own for many years, he finds the emergence of more humans a lure he can't resist. But with his unusual looks that are more alien than human, he faces the paranoia of the camp. Now he is a battle not only to keep himself alive but also to possess the lovely woman named his Dark Knight.
___________________________________________________

So with that done, the question is - should I do Nano this year? Dare I risk the major WB I got from the last time did it? Hmm, I don't know. I think I might goal set as though I'm on it, but not put that added pressure on myself. Dunno yet.

What did I do today? I went to the markets. We bought some fish for the pond. There are some cute fantails and stuff. I also wanted to buy some native flowering plants. Well I got ripped off. I paid $10 bucks for a 'Pony Tail' in which the guy assured me would flower with the one that I had described. He was rude and I wish I hadn't bought it. It doesn't flower at all. It's a freaking palm and an ugly one at that. The plan that I was after was the King Portea. *sigh* oh well, I got ages anyway to buy the natives I want. I have blacksoil and alot of things can't grow on it, but Aussie Natives can. So I'm hoping to fill my garden with low maintenance plants and flowers. I don't have a green finger you know. :P
--------------oOo--------------


4 Comments:

Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Congrats on finishing! I've been mulling over NANO ideas too.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your book finished!

On NaNo. The ML in my says DO NANO! DO IT DO IT! But the first year I did NaNo I had WB for an entire year. If you do do it don't forget to visit the Brissy regional lounge :D

8:33 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

CONGRATS on getting DK done and GOOD LUCK too! Yay.

As for Nano, go on Jodie! I'm egging you on here! See, I've been putting it off for the last two years and have decided that this year I SHOULD do it! So, come on - we can cheer each other on! :)

I just need to buckle down, decide on an idea and actually sign up - got a few weeks left of October, so I better hurry!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Well, I did get FID done last year... That one is (I think awesome) but I didn't like the writer's block after it. But, then I spent the whole time editing until my muse came back.

At least you dont have to sign up right until the end of Nov if unsure

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home