A life of love, laughter and romance

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Job not all glitter

I was reading Ciar Cullens blog and was struck by the woeful side of writing. When we start our journey, our dream is to one day make it into print. To get that contract and all will be find and dandy. But as time moves on and your first books is passed up on, then your second and so forth we continue striving for that NY deal. After that we may or may not create a fan base that will keep you there. Writing has got to be the hardest career to choose...and we did choose it.

{my comment on Ciars blog}It is hard I guess to remain tough under a bombardment of rejections. It's hard to remained focused on the prize when others are getting published or a book that is better for firewood than anything else 'made it'. A friend once told me - writing has got to be one of the hardest and lonliest careers. I agree, and ontop of that we get kicked when we're down. AND even if we make it into print we will still get readers that won't like your stuff, bad reviews and such. So why do we do it? Because we love creating stories. We love feeling what the characters do and our unswaying belief that love will conquer all. We are at heart true romantic and need a creative outlet for our passion. And just think, one day...one day soon, your unmovable passion will get you into print. {end comment}

To round it up, despite all this, I love my job. I don't think I could imagine my life without the creative outlet I have. I wouldn't be able to sleep and I'd be hard to live with and despite the rejections I still carry on. I want to share what I've created with the world and give someone a wonderful journey. But still, I hope to make it to print...one day.
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Blogger Charli Cole said...

Continue writing the way you do...don't give up...and you eventually will. I have great faith in that. And so should you.

Have a good day, luv.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Print would be sooo nice! Some day. But right now, this epubbing thing is a heck of a lot of fun!

But yeah, the whole gaining a following part kind of freaks me out! LOL.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Charli Cole said...

I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day tomorrow, Jodici.

Take care.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

I just bought your book tonight, girly, sorry it took so long!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Kim - I bet we are! lol but You wouldn't changed it and neither do I. We are either tough of gluttons for punishment! haha

Cali - Thanks for the mothers day! you too

Shelli - Thanks! I hope you like it! I look forward to yours coming out.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home