A life of love, laughter and romance

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Press

I love to read. And I love to read e-books. Mainly becuase for me - they are easier to get and not as expensive. (For me, I can polish off a 400page book in 2hrs so my love to litrature can be quite expensive) With so many e-pubs out there sometimes I can miss on some real diamonds, but I've also gotten a few duds. Now, don't get me wrong, I think reading is subjective, so what is one's trash is another's treasure.

So, what draws my eye first to an e-book? 2 things: The cover then the title. Second is the blurb and then the third is the excerpt. If all of these catch my interest I go right ahead and purchase. So far, I have my fave epubs but with a new epub opening soon and the covers that are quite snazzy I'm excited about what Cobblestone has to offer. So I've set some money aside, to check them out when they open their doors on June 2.
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

I love it when you get a good ebook! I'm halfway through yours and enjoying it a bundle!

Woo whoo! HUG for saving up for Cobblestone. We're so excited for the openings.

Someone posted something in Divas about one of the agents who looks down his nose at epubs, and it kinda ticked me off. Then again he's probably old and set in his ways.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Yeh, good old Donald. He is set in his way and is perhaps the only of a few that feel that way. Which is good to know. Majority rules!!

Ohh, thanks for buying mine!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

I've met a few people who don't appreciate the fantastic variety that can be found by small publishers. Not I! ePubs are producing some of the best stories available.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lyric James said...

Whoohoo! Even though I'm lucky enough to be one of the Cobblestone authors, I'm going to end up in broke-ville for sure buying all these books.

Lyric :-)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Brandi B Loyd said...

I love eBooks, too, because buying them has curbed the chance of hearing my hubby ask... "What'd you go and buy MORE books for now? You're out of room on the book shelves." He always seemed to catch me with bags of books in hand after a visit to the book store. *grin*

Hmm... pondering getting a larger hard drive for PC. *wink*

Brandi
www.lycanpacks.com

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home