A life of love, laughter and romance

Saturday, May 20, 2006

New work and a spanner

Sorry for being absent for so long. I have some news. I have recently finished a new website for the talented Bebe Thomas. You can check out my latest creation at http://www.bebethomas.com I do hope you guys like it. If you're in the mood for sweet, sexy erotic romance check out her newest book coming out in June.

Also, I've been a bit slow on my current MS. Mainly because I've been taken up with other things like potti-training my baby girl. As yet, I haven't caught her doing it in the toilet. Always just after we get off she does her business *grr* But, I'm hoping to get there eventually.

On another note on my writing. I had planned that the heroine would take a liking to the suave hero on their first meeting. Not happening! Talk about throwing a spanner/wrench (for you americans) in the works. Of course, she does have a right - even if he is the owner of the nightclub she was visiting. But alas, it would mean a bit of rework on my plot to add a few more scene for a smooth transition. No biggie.

On another note. Shelli and I had a chat the other day. Now, novellas. Apparently the hot new thing, and I applaud anyone that can write those ones. I wish I could too *sniffle*. Now I had pitched an idea I had in my head to her and under her enthused response I thought about it. Maybe, just maybe - I'll be able to pull off a novella on this... or at most a category. I could...can't I. *excitements starts* Oh, and this will be a single title. my FIRST idea that didn't demand I write about the secondary characters.... Well, now I can't say that. My brain as stubborn as it is - has decided to expand it to a trilogy. Problem though, is the first one will be dark and emotional whereas the others will be a bit lighter. I can't have that! Well, needless to say. I'm going to take on a side project for fun when my writer's block kicks in.
--------------oOo--------------


9 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

You're potty training already? You're so amazing! I'm still working on Emma, but it's gonna be awhile! LOL.

You can totally write a novella, and that contemporary one, yeah...

OMG I almost forgot, I love that site you just designed. It's gorgeous!!! Jodi, you did another fantastic job!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Thanks Shelli. I've actually been trying to train her for 6months and let me tell you It's dang hard - I tried all the methods witn no success so during the day: No nappies/diapers and messes everytime. Just have to work on getting her to the toilet on time. *grin*

5:36 PM  
Blogger K.A.S. said...

Potty training bites! I finally stuffed my girl full of juice (3 glasses, no kidding) and sat her on the pot in front of the tv one Saturday morning. Took about 45 minutes, but she finally Did It. And once she'd Done It once, she knew what she was supposed to do.

There were still accidents, but with her the biggest thing was just trying to get her to realize what she needed to do! Good luck with Emma ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Charli Cole said...

I hope some of the potty training advice I gave helps.

It can be frustrating, but you'll get through it, luv.

I wish I could write novellas, too. I'm one who comes up with such complex plotlines...that I'm always pushing 400 pages or more.

How do I tie all of that in a novella?

I still don't have a clue.

I've tried, but it never works out.

I had the same problem when I wanted to write screenplays.

How in the world do you compress 400 pages of a manuscript into 100 pages?

Ugh.

The site is great, Jodici!

Someone was asking for a web designer and I gave him your name. So, hopefully, he'll be in contact soon.

Have a great weekend and take care.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

Hey Jodie! Good luck with the potty training. Just remember, no child goes off to college in diapers. They do learn eventually - but only when they're darn good and ready and Mom is exhausted.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Good luck with the potty training. Sorry, no experience or wise words to offer :-)

I really have to rein myself in when writing novellas. Short stories are almost impossible for me! I've found the trick is to keep your characters to a minimum, just the hero and heroine if possible. That always helps me.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Bebe said...

I have absolutely no potty training advice. Sorry.

But I love, love, love the site you designed for me! Thanks for blogging about it!

1:27 PM  
Blogger dad said...

baby girl?

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Telecommunications call centers consulting Shemale information Punishment dildo 50th wedding anniversary party invitations

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home