A life of love, laughter and romance

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Getting a new car... well, sorta

I brought this up to hubby the other day about getting another car. I'm so sick of being stuck at home and if I wanted to go somewhere I'd have to wait until he has a day off. Not that I mind, but I SOO desperate to get into shape and I want to go to the gym. The only way to do it, is to go during the day when the gym has daycare.

Amazingly enough, Andrew had been thinking about it too!

We decided on how much we can afford, which isn't much, but it's enough to get a decent one. So, we looked at a car last night, and although it was a nice looking one. It was a compact black SEAT and had mags and a killer exhaust. Yep, boys car all over. But I was suspicious when I found out it was owned by a mechanic. I'm telling you, they are as bad to buy off. They often know what IS wrong with the car and will only do enough to cover it - since they work on cars all day, they wouldn't want to spend heaps of time on their own -- or pay for a mechanic. We have another we are going to look at that is just down the road from us. Although, I am quite partial to a Chrystler Neon -- I don't really have too much to say as the car we get will be primarily the run around car - so andrew will be driving it to and from work.

So we have high hopes to get one within the week. Exciting!
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/trans/fahr02.gif">
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! for a new car. I wouldn't like being stuck either. It's not so much that I'd want to go out, more the principle of the thing :)

Gyms are good during the day. Not as busy, so you can get the machines you want without too much waitting.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Cool on the new car prospect! I hope you get one you like. I'm thinking of joining a gym again. It would probably be good seeing as I need to get my arse out to workout! It's too hard with the kid running around your ankles!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Cool on the new car, Jodie! I'm like you, the hubby takes the car... so my legs get me around if I need to go anywhere during the day. Or I take the car from him for the day, which is kinda fun because then we drop and pick him up... anyway, the gym during the day is another cool option.

I personally don't like gyms because of the sweaty-possessive-with-the-equipment guys. I work out at home with the hubby, after my daughter goes to sleep.

Anyway! Good luck with the car!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

That IS exciting! Let us know what you get...

vroom, vroom, vroom...

:)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Mechanics, gotta watch for them! LOL. My second car... the mechanic got careless and dropped it 8 feet off the hydraulic lift and let's just say it was a sad sight. His shop paid for all the body damage, but I believed them that everything was fixed. After that all kinds of other problems cropped up. Transmission went out. Shocks. The list goes on. Finally gave that little car away. Didn't even bother selling it.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home