A life of love, laughter and romance

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

She's a raving lunatic!

Ok, this morning I was in an odd mood. Since I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid for my sister I have to learn the...*gasp* salsa. She had teamed me up with a guy I don't know and who is a friend of her Fiance. Now let me point something out. My twin is marrying a guy 8 years her junior. Good for her and all, but I can only assume his friend is his age as well. He'll be younger than my little brother!

I asked her if she told him I was a fatty. She said he knew I was her twin and that I had big boods. Oh great! His going to think I'm this thin woman and am going to walk in with balconies for boobs! Now, next thought: OMG, I'm going to dance with a guy fresh outta high school and he, like most guys are going to be focused on wanting some hottie to dance with.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I struggle with my post-baby wieght and am quite insecure about it. I would hate to spend a few hours with a guy that will make me feel like he'd rather hold onto a cacitus than me. Yes, yes, I know, I'm married and have a baby. But that isn't it. It all comes down to my insecurities. I'm waiting for that moment when I walk into the room and his face just says 'Oh, holy crap.'

Why can't I dance with my bro? I whine. Answer: Apparently the Salsa is not the type of dance you do with a sibling. ... oh.....

So, I'm most probably going to have to dance with this guy and he might not care and turn out to be the sweetest person. I hope he has a nice personality because if I have to dance with him, I hope I can make conversation so I don't have to worry about my other stuff.

So, I have a nap and reflect on this. Yes, I had a nap since mia is at Day care. Now the reflection. Bonus: * I get to loose wieght because I'll be dancing it off. * I get some time away from baby and Andrew although I don't know how andrew will handle mia alone.
Common sense: The guy might be nice about the whole thing. Plain old me: Who cares about that? This is your chance to have a little fun! Be you.


Yes, I'm a raving lunatic!
--------------oOo--------------


3 Comments:

Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I believe you just had an argument with yourself on your blog. That's okay, I've done that before and called myself insane for it. Take comfort that you're not alone. :)

Dancing will be fine, though I understand your insecurities. Practicing will help you lose weight! You'll get some time to yourself! And this guy will probably turn out to be nice...

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope he is a nice guy, or at least he can fake it really well. It he wasn't nice I'd be likely to either burst into tears or clock him one and then burst into tears.

Have you met her fiance? Maybe you could ask her sister to ask him to give your partner the heads up.

But yeah, go out and have a great time and learn to dance.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I felt that part about what he'll be expecting right along with you. For me it's more of an age thing these days, but I have weight issues too and I empathize wholeheartedly. Just don't let it hang you up so that you miss enjoying the day. :)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home