A life of love, laughter and romance

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Will christmas come early?

Ok, I've finished my short.
It took a couple of days longer than what I expected, but here is the blurb of y'all.

In the spirit of giving one elf will go all the way to fulfill a Christmas wish for a sexy accountant. A wish that will steal both their hearts.

Life just couldn’t get worse for Audrey. Her boyfriend left her for her skinny best friend. She lost her promotion to some idiot with connections and now she was about to be robbed. It seemed like nothing would go her way, until a man miraculously shows up and saves her. A guy that looked as though he stepped straight out of Lord of the Rings.

Ka’ael longed to explore the Earth plane where there was no magic, horses didn’t have wings or horns and people flew about in metal machines. His chance came when he landed a much-coveted position in Santa’s factory as a List Checker. But when his contract is almost over, Ka’ael escapes to America to find a woman who stirs his heart.

Well, that's it. I had to rename it twice since I found several titles that were being used this christmas. All I want for Chirstmas and One night before Christmas, Chirstmas wish... so many titles were already taken so I settled on One Magical Christmas. Probably taken somewhere but I just gave up. Which brings me to another topic. Titles for books. I used to try and find an original title and though that's great if you can find one, at the end of the day if your title is the same as some one elses it's really nothing to stress about. If the title matches the story stick with it.-says I who struggled for a title. LOL!
--------------oOo--------------


5 Comments:

Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Sounds cute! And yeah on the titles - hard to find an original one. They feel like they've all been taken. Especially the Xmas ones.

:)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

One Elf of a Christmas! LOL that's a cute one. :)

Title can drive you mad! I try and not over think, just let them come to me! LOL.

Congrats on finishing!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Sounds like a GREAT story, Jodie! Glad you've written it already.

And yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean about titles! Nowadays, they're the last thing I come up with! :/

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Funny thing, I have to have a title before I start. More often than not I keep the one that I started with, but this one, I noticed alot were taken. Grr! I love All I Want For Christmas... *sniffle* LOL

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aawww it sounds really sweet :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home